Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The fear and heart palpitations have returned.....

That can only mean one thing...school is about to start. Next Wednesday in fact. I feel terror! Getting into the OTA program was a great feeling, but now the hard work begins! Today I purchased $660 in text books. Just looking at the books with ALL those words and body parts and muscles made me feel weak, and woozy, and oh so scared. I ALWAYS feel this way, every semester since the first time I set foot in a college classroom way back in 1993. Even when I get an A or good feedback from a teacher I still feel afraid. WHY is this? Maybe it is bc I am a doubting Thomas. Maybe it is bc my personality is dramatic. Whatever the reason...I do not like it. Sometimes I really do feel like I can't breathe. I am excited to be learning. I am grateful for this opportunity and I want to succeed. I just wish I didn't freak out!!  I hope I can find a calm place in my mind to anchor myself!
Here we go!

1 comment:

Silena Cvacho said...

You'll do great!! But I know what you mean~ I doubt myself about everything!! I would be dead if I went back to school~ I would probably have an anyeurism or a heart attack! I will be praying for you!! Love ya, Silena