Sunday, October 26, 2008

Eric is Back

Eric's dad passed away on October 17th, exactly 1 week after he had left our house. I am glad that I got to meet him before he passed away. This is a picture of Eric & his dad. Eric was gone all last week taking care of the funeral. He got to see His half-brother Craig who he hadn't seen in 20 years, & his half-sister Lisa who he hadn't seen in 30 years. His brother Clayton was also there. It was a sad time, but the siblings seemed to enjoy spending time with each other & bonding. His dad died picking up golf balls on the golf course that he would then take to the local high school & donate. I think he was finding things to do to take his mind off of losing his wife last Christmas.
Eric is doing fine. He is sad, but he is happy that he was able to see him one last time. It had been 11 years since they had actually seen each other. I can't imagine not seeing my family for even a year, but I am very blessed to have the family that I have.

1 comment:

care-in said...

So sorry for your hubby's loss. When Xavier's dad died a few years ago he found more siblings than he thought he had so it was interesting that their dad's death is what brought them all together.