Friday, April 17, 2009

Salmon and Chive Muffins

I found this recipe today, tweaked it a little & it was delicious. I am posting it here in case anyone wants to try it...I realize, my sister confirming this to me earlier today, that this recipe may sound gross, but it really was very tasty:)Would be great for a brunch type thing.

Salmon and Chive Muffins
Preheat oven to 395*
Grease muffin cups

Mix together 1 cup milk, 80 grams of melted butter, 1 lightly beaten egg, 1/2 c fresh chives (added salt & pepper to mine)in a jug & shake well.

Pour into 2 cups sifted self-rising flour & stir until almost mixed...add 1 can pink or red salmon ( I didn't want that strong of a fish taste, so I added 1 packet of mango salmon, found in grocery store by the tuna fish) Sounds gross I know...

Pour into baking cups 3/4 of the way full.
I made a little hole in the middle of each muffin & stuffed cream cheese inside.
Bake for 18-20 minutes.

It smelled so yummy baking:)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh yay! I am going to make some this week. We have everything for it already! How perfect. It doesn't sound gross to me at all either. But I may be gross ;)