Sunday, September 20, 2009

I Choose Joy and a Morning Cup of Yoga

Ok, so my title has nothing really to do with my post, hehe. I just liked the sound of it. I have a book & cd titled "Morning Cup of Yoga." A lady from Alabama wrote it, neat huh. It is a 15 minute workout that I haven't gotten around to doing yet. I love yoga so I think it will be a good cd.
I have been listening to a lot of Ray Lamontagne, reading a lot, & taking long nightly walks. It is so nice to walk at night here. I don't feel scared at all. It feels peaceful here. I guess it is a good place for a divorce if there is such a thing, because there is such a feeling of rightness. I see children playing by themselves safely. I see elderly people walking babies in the middle of the day. And I see neighbors living with sveral generations all together in one house, and it is amazing. The feeling of community is incredible to me. It makes me feel better about being a family person. I have been critisized for that many times. Especially by men. I can't help it that I love my family. They have always been there for me.
It is 6 pm & the bell is chiming. I think that is so neat. Comforting.
Eric leaves for Australia on Tuesday. I had a bit oh a hyperventilation attack when I thought about being stuck in Hayama by the beach with no car for 3-4 weeks, but I stopped it real quick. It is a little scary to be so far from base. I am still waiting on my flight confirmation to come through so that I can go home.I will leave as soon as it comes.I will miss this country. But I need to get my new life started so that I can have a place to call home. I think that will help tremendously in the healing process. I need to be busy so I plan on maybe fostering & volunteering. I will also help take care of my "granny." I miss her.
I am looking forward to American food (although I will miss the food here too, especially Ramen), grocerie stores with labels I can read, clothes stores that have my size,a western sized sofa, and a yard for my dogs. Poor things. They seem sad. And being with the ones I love & who love me:) I'm so thankful for my family and friends love. draft 1:47:00 AM by seabird Delete
Edit View A Time of Change 5

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Laura, I wish I could take those nice walks with you. Where are you moving in AL? I hope I can spend time with you. I have grown to feel really close to you...even just through your blog and FB :)

care-in said...

Praying for you girl!

ImaginaryCanary said...

My ditter. I love her and miss her and can't wait to have her back in this country! I know how it is feeling like you don't have a "home". I'm working on that one too. Love love love you.